Delegated Underwriting Technician
- Full Time
HFG are working with a leading Lloyd's Syndicate in their search for a Delegated Underwriting Technician.
- Pre & post contract checks for lead coverholders, binders, master policies and consortium (and lineslips where required) to ensure in line with Delegated Underwriting policy.
- Oversee ongoing due diligence of coverholders, brokers - including chasing brokers, Coverholders and relevant TOBA`s.
- Support the management team in undertaking new coverholder approvals, and applications to Lloyd`s where appropriate.
- Conduct Risk Coverholder Segmentation reviews.
- Draft direct dealing contracts & any endorsements as and when required/requested.
- Interaction with Atlas and BAR.
- Peer Review of contract checks as appropriate.
- Responding to Xchanging queries on direct business.
- Liaise with outsource partners and undertake sample peer review when required/requested.
- Provide assistance to underwriters as required in relation to other aspects of delegated underwriting including technical advice, coverholder approval and binding authority audit reviews.
- Scoping and review of audits for existing coverholders under the oversight of the DUA Audit Analyst.
- Organise the workflow management system and allocate it to the appropriate technician.
- Take ownership of the MI reporting process for DUM, working closely with the other technicians and Audit Analysts to run MI reports and assist with analysis.
- Provide commentary for internal committee reporting packs, regular regulatory reporting and ad-hoc MI requests from the business.
- Ownership of the collation of the Coverholder Committee pack and administrative activities associated with this committee.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of delegated authority practices, preferably at Lloyd's
- General insurance knowledge
- Experience of drafting and checking binding authority contracts
- LLMIT pass as minimum or part qualified CII (minimum Certificate level) an advantage
- Numerate and IT literate (preferably experience in Atlas, BAR and BDX)
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel is essential for this role.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply now.
Apply for Delegated Underwriting Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly