Interim Review Actuary - Day-Rate Contract
Fairbank Partners are currently working with a leading Life Insurer in the Midlands to assist with finding a Review Actuary on a day-rate contract.
The review actuary is responsible for their fund / funds / entities including the content, quality and delivery of all reports produced by the Actuarial Reporting team ensuring the forecasts are consistent with the reported results.
- Report in an accurate and timely manner
- Take ownership, deliver and communicate the management information for their fund / funds / entities
- High quality review of results produced for completeness and accuracy. Produce reports for delivery to customers. These reports include:
- Sign off of monthly Management Information (MI)
- Regulatory Returns
- IFRS results
- Commentaries on reported results
- Represent the review team as subject matter experts and contribute constructively to group discussions
- Produce reports in line with agreed timescales ensuring sufficient buy in from all stakeholders
- Provide expert fund knowledge to support business decisions across the Phoenix group
- Communicate across the business to ensure deliveries are met and maintain strong relationships with other teams.
- Keep abreast of regulatory, legislative and industry changes. Evaluate the requirements of regulatory changes and implement changes as required
- Keep abreast of business developments in the specific business area and ensure that methods and reports remain appropriate
- Use expertise to provide support to projects. This would involve providing input into:
- Business Cases
- Building business requirements and signing off system developments
- Communicating with project managers
- Implementation and integration
- Review and monitor the control environment for their fund / funds / entities taking action to resolve issues where necessary.
- Identify potential management actions to add value to their fund/s or entities
- Maintain professional standards in line with the Actuaries code of conduct and take appropriate TCF considerations.
- Where required, manage Assistant Actuaries and Senior Actuarial Analysts, carrying out regular 1:1’s and performance management
To discuss this role further, or to discuss your career options, please submit your CV or contact Grace Pereira at Fairbank Partners on 0203 869 2000. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.