Head of Actuarial Risk
Head of Actuarial Risk
My client is life insurance organisation based in Dublin who are hiring a Head of Risk for their team. The role reports to the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and is responsible for the oversight and development of operational risk and technical risk management. The role has a team supporting them with this position. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone currently employed as a risk actuary who is ready for their next step up the management chain.
The Head of Actuarial Risk role will involve:
Duties required by the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- To support the CRO in oversight of technical risk management issues
- To formulate and agree company wide and functional Risk Management objectives which align with the Risk and Business Strategy.
- To lead the Risk function and ensure that it enables the business to deliver according to the risk strategy and function charter, developing a target operating model to support the delivery of these.
- Continue to Design and implement an effective risk framework which supports effective risk management across the business, including the following key components:
- Risk appetite
- Risk Policies;
- Three lines of defence;
- Risk oversight and assurance;
- Risk assessment measurement, monitoring and assurance;
- Capital assessment and adequacy.
- To ensure that risk and compliance is well understood and embedded within the business and that all risk requirements are achieved, whether in respect of Business As Usual (BAU), transactions or Outsourced Service Providers (OSPs).
- To advise the Board immediately of any matter likely to have a material adverse effect on the Company or its operations.
- To support the CEO in initiatives designed to create shareholder value and to advise the Board immediately of any matter likely to affect shareholder value adversely.
- Own, operate and develop the operational risk capital model, including leading the process for model development, recalibration, documentation and embedding through interaction with the business functions.
Key Requirements for the role of the Head of Actuarial Risk
- You must be a qualified Fellow of the Society of Actuaries with post qualification experience as a risk actuary or risk manager within the Life insurance industry.
- You will ideally have experience in engaging with regulators, shareholders and the broader stakeholder community, and experience engaging with advisers
- Ability to engage and challenge at executive, Board and Committee level
- Ability to manage and motivate highly skilled and professionally qualified staff
- Excellent Excel skills including modelling experience
- Proficient with Word and PowerPoint, with ability to produce high quality reports
- Good Solvency II risk experience
- You must have strong communication skills as the role will involve interacting with a range of business stakeholders.
The role will be accountable for the Risk function and requires a motivated well rounded individual who enjoys responsibilities.
Candidates interested in this role or who want to see the full role profile should contact Jacqui van Teutem by sending an application or by phoning 015311400 or 0862931015.