Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years Cat Modelling experience in any business line but ideally with a good understanding of the insurance market and at least one major vendor catastrophe Model.
- At least 2:1 Degree in an analytical discipline (Maths, Science, Engineering, Economics)
- Highly numerate and logical - strong mathematical/ statistical knowledge a must.
- Ability to manipulate large data sets in Excel and SQL.
- Advanced Experience with MS SQL desired. Ability to build/design and manipulate queries to improve process.
- Familiarity with another programming language such as VBA, .NET, R, Python is an advantage
- It is an advantage to have good knowledge of natural hazards. Having completed a qualification in Natural Hazards such as the NHFI or similar is a benefit, but not essential.
- Excellent business communication skills - ability to influence, negotiate, and listen to external parties and members of the Cat Team.
- Be a creative, self-starter with the ability to apply knowledge to solve complex issues as they arise
- Shows initiative and able to work on own or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Enjoys being challenged and a motivation to continue to improve
- Confidence to question established ways of thinking and exert influence
- Outside the box problem solving, particularly for making the best decisions as quickly as possible.
- Proactive and hard-working.
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.