Funding & Covenant Specialist - In House Pension scheme
Our client is one of the largest DB pension schemes in the UK with assets close to £20bn in value. We are currently looking for a funding & covenant specialist to join this in-house pension scheme. The role would suit a qualified or part qualified actuary.
- Assist in the development and delivery of pension strategy.
- Perform actuarial modelling on the future impact of the pension schemes.
- Provide the full range of technical advice and subject matter expertise as part of the actuarial team.
- Work closely with investment specialist colleagues.
- Deliver results which are aligned with the Trustee’s strategic objectives.
- Actuarial valuation work – impact of changing assumptions / contribution patterns.
- Scenario testing - funding impact of changing economic conditions or investment decisions.
- Ability to draw on current, in-depth pensions actuarial knowledge and expertise.
- Experience of trust based pension arrangements.
- Strong working knowledge of defined benefit scheme management.
- Understanding of governance and legislative requirements and an understanding and interest in investments as you will work closely with the investment team.
- Will possess a relevant actuarial qualification.
In the first instance interested candidates should email a CV with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the position along to our retained executive search consultant Shaun Bishop at Moorlands Human Capital