Consultant: Ben Ballard
Phone Number: +44 (0)203 867 9861
- Be responsible for pricing models and tools and pricing reports, pricing-related reviews, delivery of management information (MI) reports, and fees and charges functionality and testing on their systems. This will allow you to identify and manage risks, and influence the profitability of OMI for many years into the future.
- Be required to look at illustrations models and tools, delivery of related tasks and MI reports, and functionality and testing on their systems. Through this work, you will manage the projections of policy value that their customers receive for new and existing policies, ensuring that they meet regulations and add value for customers.
- Will include drafting Business Cases, Product Specifications, Product Review documents, and perform other product development and maintenance activity. This will allow you to develop and demonstrate your commercial awareness.
- May be directly managing and developing some of the analysts in the team, and will work with the other Actuarial Specialists to decide on work allocation for the analyst pool, including providing coaching and mentorship.
- Part of this will be overseeing the Business Support function which responds to queries from across the OMI business including the Distribution teams, Operations teams, and Marketing team, among others.
- Within your role you may also lead large projects with risk and complexity i.e. as a business owner. You will develop these skills further over time, with a view to taking on activities from the Lead Specialists in the team (as support, and then as owner).
- It is paramount that you build excellent working relationships with your OMI colleagues in Product, Operations, IT, Distribution, Marketing, Technical and Compliance i.e. stakeholder management.
- Past experience of pricing, customer projects or product lifecycle (desirable)
- Broad commercial experience including strategy execution/ financial planning
- Proficient in applying actuarial skills, including analysis, synthesis, and judgment within life insurance and/or investment context
- General working knowledge/ understanding (or the ability to quickly learn) of various applications of OMI’s products