Actuary - Senior Manager - IFRS/SII Reporting - Edinburgh
A very rare Senior Actuarial opportunity has arisen in Edinburgh where a FTSE Listed Insurer is seeking to recruit a Senior Manager to their growing IFRS and Solvency II Reporting team. You will be tasked with having a key strategic input in growing your own team whilst reporting to some of the organisations most important decision makers.
Financial Reporting is accountable for delivering on time and accurate financial results and disclosures across all reporting metrics, while providing real business insights, quality assurance and technical advice.
This role requires a qualified actuary to develop and maintain a suite of management information to the support the requirements of the business from the Finance Reporting area. The role will also require developing a strong overview of the business, communicating with business areas and understanding the impact of various factors on the financial results. The role will then require presentation of a range of financial results, including predictive results and budgets and forecasts to Senior business leaders.
The role holder will lead a team and will be ultimately accountable for the performance of the team, in terms of time, cost and quality, and including its responsiveness to future business requirements.
- To lead a team of Finance professionals, in the delivery of a suite of management information, on a range of financial reporting and business management metrics for internal and external reporting with supporting analysis and commentary
- To ensure the delivery of high quality management information, meeting customer needs, within a robust control framework.
- To develop a suite of reporting tools to aid delivery of regular management information, predictive results and budget and forecasting
- To liaise with the wider Finance teams to understand the impacts of various activity on the ongoing financial statements.
- To hold ultimate accountability for the accuracy of the output of the team, balancing resource time and cost to optimise the quality of the output
- To develop a team which is responsive to future business requirements
You will have:
- Experience of disseminating complex quality information to internal and external stakeholders (including regulators and rating agencies) and ensuring it is understood
- Experience of using understanding of the business linked with finance knowledge to support the business and of making recommendations and helping to originate creative solutions
- Experience of leading teams to deliver under pressure and/or to tight timescales
- Knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks