Manager/Senior Manager, Investment Strategy & Execution
7 days left
- Full Time
£91k - £106k – Senior Manager, Investment Strategy & Execution
£63k - £79k – Manager, Investment Strategy & Execution
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. Scottish Widows today has over five million customers. The research team at IPSOS report Scottish Widows to be one of the UK’s most trusted Life, Pensions and Investments providers.
These senior manager & manager positions within the Scottish Widow’s Investment Strategy & Execution (IS&E) function are an intriguing opportunity for qualified actuaries or similar investment / finance professionals with Investment, Market Risk, Capital, or Asset Liability Matching (ALM), and Solvency II (SII) experience.
Does this sound like a role you'd enjoy?
- You'd be responsible for the development and implementation of the overall strategy for Investment of Shareholder Assets
- You'll have oversight of actuarial solutions for investments and be the authority supporting on the delivery of risk, capital and SII requirements for asset related projects
- Working with internal and external Customers you'll improve our capabilities in identifying / developing / implementing / monitoring investment opportunities under the SII regulatory environment
What would you be doing?
You would have a variety of technical and practical actuarial/investment areas of focus:
- Working collaboratively with other cross-functional teams to deliver IS&E Strategy on new investment transactions (identifying actuarial issues/risks and providing solutions)
- Taking an active role in handling the complex investment risks that the company takes, and identifying creative solutions to improve profit and mitigate the risks
- Maximising efficiency of new and existing investment strategies
- Assessing the economic value of new investment solutions
- Analysis, delivery and monitoring of technical solutions to deal with investment related regulations (e.g. Solvency II matching adjustment)
- You’ll bring knowledge and experience of assets and investment practice in the insurance industry
- You'll need strong communication skills (verbal and written) and be able to influence key internal partners (senior IS&E, Risk and Finance insurance leaders)
- You bring the technical experience to see opportunities and agile solutions for investment/risk optimisation and to deliver continuous improvement to systems and processes
- You can turn strategy into concrete actions which are delivered to meet targets and satisfy a broad range of internal & external customers
- You'll show you have experience of challenging and providing effective oversight, encouraging sound decisions
- You develop trusting and collaborative relationships across the business
- With the flexibility to handle multiple high level projects and a real desire to learn new things, you'll be motivated by the success of the team as a whole.
What will you get in return?
On top of our team ethos we're genuine about both equal opportunity and our colleagues representing the communities we serve - developing and advancing the best in our people.
We're a collaborative and caring team where customers, colleagues and communities are at the heart.
And don't forget:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% of your basic salary)
- Car Allowance or Car option
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Our culture in Lloyds Banking Group brings together talented people from diverse backgrounds who enjoy a collaborative environment supporting flexible and agile working with a competitive remuneration package.
So if you have the Investment & Insurance skills we're seeking and having a key role in a major Insurer that has Inclusion & Diversity at its core appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.