Qualified Pensions Actuary - Scotland
Our client are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual who has completed their FIA qualification to join their well established trustee consulting team in Glasgow on a permanent/full time basis.
This role is ideally suited to an individual looking to progress in trustee consultancy - to develop client and team management skills as well as continuing to improve technical knowledge.
Some prior experience of pensions consultancy is required.
- become a client account manager (i.e. work manager and main point of contact) for a number of clients
- attend client meetings and take an active role
- check bulk calculations for actuarial valuations
- draft advice
- work directly with scheme actuaries and work towards obtaining a scheme actuary certificate
- check individual member calculations
- produce company accounting disclosures and work towards providing accounting advice yourself
- understand calculation of PPF levies and providing advice on ways to reduce levy
- general consultancy, dealing with clients’, and third party telephone queries and day to day correspondence providing technical advice where needed
- internal development work (for example, developing standard spreadsheets or research new and/or technical topics)
You need to have top class technical skills, be sensitive to the needs of your clients and are able to work effectively with senior and junior colleagues in a close-knit team.
Excellent consultancy and communication skills are essential to succeed in this role. You will enjoy a friendly working environment with an independent management team, open to fresh ideas and challenges.
A competitive package is on offer with an annual bonus and a flexible benefits package.
If you are interested please make an application and Eames Consulting will be in contact.
Apply for Qualified Pensions Actuary - Scotland
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly