Head of Market Risk
Eames Consulting are working with a Leading London re-insurer in their search for the Head of Market Risk. This is a very unique experience for a senior professional who is looking to take the next steps in their career.
The role will entail leading a team of professionals in 3 continents in providing risk oversight.
- Lead risk reviews and advice on sign-offs
- Talk to internal and external managers to share market insights and risk assessments
- Communicate risks and evaluation of mitigation strategies to senior leaders and the Board of Directors
- Actively liaise with front office and other risk managers who develop risk methodologies relating to market risk factors to ensure proper risk measurement and aggregation
- Review the risk implications as part of the annual planning process
Knowledge and Experience:
- 15+ years industry experience
- Leadership experience running teams and leading cross-functional projects across multiple geographies
- Investment experience as either a portfolio manager or risk manager.
- Fundamental investment analysis from both sector and individual investment perspectives
- Knowledge of the main credit and equity instruments, including derivatives employed in hedging credit and market risks
- Deep understanding of risk management
- Experience with employing advanced data visualisation and analysis techniques
Eames Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.