Interim Operational Risk Actuary
Fairbank Partners are currently working with a leading Life Insurer in Central London in their search for an Interim Actuary to join their Operational Risk Team.
The Operational Risk Modeller will report to the Group Insurance Risk Actuarial Team and will be responsible for:
- Understanding the current Bank processes and translating this into Insurance specific steps in the current Matlab code;
- Producing and documenting test cases for Insurance, to a standard expected by internal validation and audit;
- Refining existing Matlab tools, documenting changes and test cases for Insurance;
- Assisting the team in adapting, testing and documenting the Insurance changes to the current Group methodology;
- Assisting the team in automating the Insurance reporting processes, by incorporating this into Matlab;
- Assisting the team in collating prior results, into a database, and designing a solution in Matlab to feed the Insurance results into this database.
In terms of experience and knowledge, the ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in engineering, Mathematics or statistics;
- Worked on the development of operational risk capital models, ideally in an AMA bank or similar;
- Be able to design and document test cases to provide evidence of testing to internal validation;
- An understanding of parallel programming architecture;
- Experience in Matlab programming, particularly the parallel toolbox;
- Experience using Matlab in a HPC environment or AWS cloud;
- Strong written communication and ability to produce a high standard of technical documentation;
- An understanding of databases and database design
- ;Advanced MS Excel skills, knowledge of Visio and GitHub.
To discuss the role further, or to discuss your career options, please submit a CV or contact Grace Pereira at Fairbank Partners on 0203 869 2000. Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.