Corporate Pensions Actuary
Empower what’s next for your career
Our corporate pensions team in the UK has enjoyed sustained growth over the last 10 years, and currently comprises over 90 consultants. As it aims to continue growing its market share, it is seeking ambitious qualified actuaries with strong inter-personal skills to join them as Corporate Pensions Consultants.
We are currently considering candidates to be based in our London, Manchester, Leeds, Epsom & Bristol offices.
When applying, please select which office you prefer.
About the Role
As a Pensions Consultant within our national corporate pensions team your key responsibilities will involve:
- Advising clients on strategic corporate pensions issues, including benefit design, risk management projects, funding negotiations, as well as pension accounting disclosures.
- Leading relationships with certain clients, with accountability for developing those relationships, for example through introducing additional services
- Supporting Partners/Principals in serving larger clients and developing those relationships
- Directing/project managing large projects, including FRO/PIE/benefit design exercises
- Taking overall responsibility for quality of technical work delivered to clients, including reviewing work from the calculation support team as required
- Networking and securing new business within the local market
The role would also offer the flexibility to develop relationships with prospective clients and be involved in national thought leadership.
As a Pensions Consultant within the corporate pensions team your skills and qualifications will include:
- Qualified actuary, ideally with some post-qualification experience
- Track record in developing client relationships and supporting Partners/Principals with larger clients
- Relevant industry experience (retirement/pensions) and consulting experience coupled with sound technical capability.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and comfortable in leading discussions with Finance Directors and HR Directors
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Able to encourage and develop other colleagues, and work well within diverse teams
- Whilst having an eye for detail, also capable in advising at a strategic level
- Experience in advising corporates on strategic pension issues
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon is a global professional services firm headquartered in London and employing 50,000 people around the globe. Aon offers global insurance, reinsurance, risk management and human resources job opportunities that will encourage growth, diversity and culture within your career. Aon Hewitt, a division of Aon plc, is the global leader in human capital consulting and outsourcing solutions. We help clients mitigate retirement plan risks with timely, accurate and cost effective actuarial services. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer clients big picture insight into their pension plans and help them make informed, strategic decisions about plan options, improvements, innovations and possibilities.