Chief Risk Officer
Chief Risk Officer – J3603
Our client seeks a Cheif Risk Officer to join their Dublin team. This role of Chief Risk Officer is responsible for leading the Risk Management Function of a solutions provider in the European insurance market. The CRO will work closely with the Group Risk Function to continue to promote the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework across the company. The CRO will also work closely with the CRO of another of our clients’ branches to ensure a consistent and appropriate risk management framework for the reinsurance business written by the company. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The responsibilities of this Chief Risk Officer will include:
- Playing a key role in the developing and delivering new reinsurance business, ensuring appropriate identification and consideration of the risks involved, and development of appropriate risk mitigation and management practices.
- Ensuring that risks are identified and quantified as appropriate during the business development and management processes; establish suitable risk metrics and limits, for instance, for longevity risk, policyholder-behaviour risk, liquidity risk etc.
- To Chair the Risk Committee, and be a member of the other key management Committees (Reinsurance & Operations, Capital Management and Investment Committees).
- Produce and present a comprehensive Risk Update to the Board Risk Committee.
- Lead the ORSA process within AI.
The Chief Risk Officer opportunity is open to either a qualified Actuary or someone with another suitable Risk Qualification (e.g. CERA) with 7+ years post qualification experience, with 5+ in a management role. Our client is seeking someone who will communicate confidently and comfortably with Central Bank of Ireland, and other stakeholders and who has good knowledge of the European (Re)insurance markets, with reinsurance experience a high advantage. Please note that there are flexabilities in these requirements and we would encourage anyone interested to get in touch.
Candidates interested in this role should contact Jacqui van Teutem at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 015311400.