Quotation Systems Actuary
The role is open to actuaries, qualified and non-qualified, who would like the opportunity to take the lead role in the Actuarial Quotations department. The Actuarial Quotations department will be responsible for the management of the NBQ, EBQ, POI and Policy Review systems.
The successful candidate will be asked to drive the quotations strategy of the company, manage the resources of the team to meet system delivery deadlines, link in with the business and the IT department to implement commercial and regulatory changes to our quotations systems and to provide expert technical knowledge to the wider business.
The role reports to the Head of IT. It is an exciting opportunity for an actuary looking to gain managerial experience and exposure to dealing with senior managers within the company.
• Drive the quotations strategy of the company.
• The company has reduced its number of quotation systems in recent years but further decommissioning is planned. The candidate will look to manage this transition while ensuring all stakeholders are aware of any benefits/risks involved.
• Link in with the Head of Actuarial Function and PRSA Actuary as required to ensure business/regulatory aims are being met.
• Develop and improve upon existing quotation testing tools and look to ensure where possible that where systems capability does not exist, that Customer Service have access to an alternative workaround.
• Manage the business-as-usual policy review process
• Manage quotes system issues investigation
• Manage, develop and lead a team of specialists. The team are provided with direction and support for learning and development to empower personal ownership in executing their responsibilities.
The role holder will be an actuary, qualified or non-qualified with experience of the Life and Pensions business.
Essential Skills & Experience
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to take a strategic view
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision, and providing supervision, direction and support to other members of the team
• Excellent communication, relationship management, influencing and interpersonal skills
• Self-starter, willing to take initiative in problem identification and solutions provision using a systematic and organised approach to their work
• Highly motivated
• Very strong team player
• Flexibility and experience of managing changing priorities effectively
• Takes personal responsibility for accuracy and quality
• Excellent continuous improvement experience, including best principles