Product Manager | Product Innovation
The role is open to qualified actuaries with developing leadership skills who would like the opportunity to take a leading role in the Commercial area. The team is responsible for how we deliver on the day to day requirements of the Commercial business, including the support of product development, the day to day management of existing product performance and supporting the Company’s innovation agenda.
• Manage successful delivery of product developments to support the success of the innovation agenda.
• Manage, develop and lead a team of specialists, sharing product expertise and knowledge with internal and external colleagues.
• The successful candidate will provide the team with direction and support for learning and development to empower personal ownership in executing their responsibilities.
• Build, lead and motivate the team to ensure delivery of exceptional service, while pursuing innovation and efficiency improvements opportunities.
Essential Key Requirements:
• A very strong commercial understanding of the Insurance and wealth market.
• Proven history of innovation
• Excellent relationship building skills.
• Excellent communication skills with an ability to create a vision for the Group in how we deliver products that create customer value and commercial opportunity.
• A structured and disciplined manager of plans and objectives.
• Developed people management skills.
• Optimising the talents of the team to ensure a culture of development, high performance and business excellence together with strong succession planning.
• A collaborative mindset with the ability to lead in a matrix environment.
• Demonstrated high levels of personal integrity, emotional intelligence, flexibility and accountability.
Influence and Communication
• Ability to communicate complex concepts to a wide range of groups.
• The ability influence key stakeholders in terms of strategic direction and the implications of different strategic choices for future income.
• Ability to influence at industry level.
• Not afraid to challenge the status quo