Our client has retained us exclusively for this role.
Our Client is a Direct Insurance company with an insurance portfolio that spans across Europe and Asia.
Our client is looking for a senior actuary, with several years’ post-qualification experience, to report directly to the Head of Actuarial Function, to be responsible for driving the delivery of all Actuarial Function requirements.
These responsibilities would include:
- Preparation of the quarterly reserving documentation for the Reserving Committees and Board.
- Delivery of Quarterly Actuarial Financial Reporting, while liaising with the business to ensure timely delivery of Reporting
- Taking responsibility for the engagement with underwriters and management to understand the experience in the quarter, and any implications that may have for financial reporting, now an into the future
- Constantly challenging the appropriateness of methodologies and assumptions, and driving changes where as appropriate.
- Being responsible for addressing all queries in relation to actuarial inputs, methodologies and assumptions.
Our client is looking for a senior qualified Actuary, with significant post-qualification experience in general insurance, with a track record of timely delivery of quality output. You will be expected to be able to multi-task under pressure. You should also be disciplined at planning short, medium and long term activities, and be comfortable operating in a no surprises culture, where any possible delays or issues are flagged early, and appropriately resolved.
You will be a strong communicator, with a pragmatic approach, clearly able to understand and communicate appropriately the implications for the business and relevant stakeholders of your analyses.
You should be comfortable designing, building and implementing solutions as challenges arise.