Actuarial Reserving Manager
Actuarial Reserving Manager
London – EC3M 3BD
Who we are:
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
As an Actuarial Reserving Manager you would directly support the Head of Reserving as a manager for one of the four main reserving teams within QBE European Operations (EO). Additional responsibilities would include key relationship management with functions such as Finance, Group or Claims.
Actuarial Reserving Managers work closely with the Head of Reserving to develop and execute the team vision and strategy each year making this role a great opportunity to influence and contribute to team goals. They also partner with the underwriting department to provide crucial insight into the business.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Annual delivery of reserving results
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Communication of results, key issues, sensitivities and uncertainties
- Delivery of post reserving processes feeding into HY and YE results
- Reserving & UW variability parameterisation in conjunction with capital team
- Analysing and communicating trends
- Delivery of regular actual vs expected analysis
- Ad hoc deep dive analysis on key portfolios of interest
- Manage a team of 2 to 3 analysts
- A close collaboration with the reserving manager for the insurance activity of QBE Europe
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong focus on executing plans and delivering results
- Effective communication skills
- Pro-active approach and keen to take ownership of work
- Willingness to collaborate and work in a team
- Experience of managing a cross border team
- Ideally Qualified Actuary
- Strong technical background in reserving and reinsurance
- Strong knowledge of accounting, including Belgian GAAP, and tax law.
- Strong planning and time management of both own and direct team’s work
We view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.