Financial Lines Reserving Actuary
I'm recruiting a Financial Lines Reserving Actuary to support key reserving activities across Financial Lines and assist in capital modelling projects from a Corporate Actuarial perspective. More specifically, this involves:
- Assist in the production of Legal Entity and US GAAP reserve estimates, both gross and net of Reinsurance
- Assist the liaison with the claims team around impact of initiatives, and specific IBNR areas (eg CAT, financial crisis)
- Assistance and ownership of production of key reserving results and analytics to take key stakeholders (internal and external to actuarial) through the results relating to Casualty.
- Working with reinsurance to ensure ongoing understanding of outwards RI changes impacting their lines of business
- Provide inputs into actuarial reporting
- Business Planning: Assist in the production of IFRS and US GAAP Loss Ratios
- Capital Model Calibration and SII
- Involvement in the capital model calibration process and support in other key SII activities relating to Casualty.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Nearly or newly qualified member of an Actuarial Institute
- Proven proficiency in actuarial concepts and methodologies, including non-standard approaches
- Proficiency in reserving software e.g. ResQ
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL and VBA helpful