Regional Actuary, IFRS 17 (Senior Manager)
This is an opportunity for an actuary to play a bigger advisory role to senior management and to make strategic decisions. You will play a more active role in all aspects of the reporting and management information work-flow, which will include interaction to wider functions of the business (finance, risk, IT, operations, etc.). IFRS 17 will have one of the largest impacts to the insurance industry in recent memory, which is why it's an excellent platform to springboard your career.
You will have the autonomy to lead selected workstreams i.e. Transition and Assumption
- Collaborate in establishing IFRS 17 methodology on Transition and other selected topics
- Review the practical application guidance and assess business implications and formulate strategy
- Assess the data and assumption readiness for transition to IFRS 17
- Assess the IFRS 17 implication to experience study and granularity of the assumptions
- Collaborate with Pricing Team to develop experience assumptions impacted by IFRS 17
- Provide user requirement for various data and systems (e.g. Prophet, reinsurance system and sub-ledger) to IT
- Co-ordinate with IT or other parties to ensure the data and systems after developmentfulfill the user requirements
2. Lead and develop junior staff to perform data and system UAT; and to develop control framework
The ideal candidate will be an experienced qualified/near qualified actuary with 8+ years of strong knowledge of reserving, accounting and capital bases paired with the ability to explain complex concepts to layman audience. Prophet knowledge will be highly advantageous. You should have excellent communication/influencing skills to manage the wide variety of senior stakeholders and drive training.
To find out more please send your updated CV in Word format to Jason.Strachan@ojassociates.com or contact me on +852 5804 4186 for a confidential discussion.