Experienced Actuary | Bermuda
EXPERIENCED ACTUARY – INSURANCE – BERMUDA – FROM US$155,000 – ONLY 6% TAX
About this opportunity
Our client focuses on identifying, structuring and transacting value opportunities within the Re/Insurance sectors. The Group is a growing and dynamic business operating in the global Insurance and Reinsurance market, focusing in the USA, Mexico, UK, Continental Europe and Bermuda.
The Group’s Bermuda-based asset manager is seeking an experienced Actuary. The successful candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Reserving and Capital Modelling across various jurisdictions including Solvency II
- Reporting in various jurisdictions both pre- and post-acquisitions
- Portfolio pricing assistance as required
- Quarterly/Annual Reporting of transactions within the fund structure
- Working with the Finance team in the production and verification of financial reporting
- Oversight of Actuarial staff
What you’ll need
- An Actuarial qualification such as FCAS, FIA or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years’ post-Actuarial qualification experience
- Project management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively with a range of professionals from different disciplines, both internally and externally
- Proven track record of delivering projects in a timely manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the Re/Insurance sector is essential
- Familiarity with writing reports adhering to Actuarial standards
- Proficiency with SQL, IGLOO, ResQ and @Risk an advantage
- Advanced Excel, VBA and Access skills
Twenty one miles in length, Bermuda is a beautiful group of Islands located 600 miles east off the coast of North Carolina, USA. It has a year-round population of 65,000 (over a quarter of whom are expatriates) and this increases significantly during the long, hot summer tourist season when up to half a million visitors arrive. The Island time zone is four hours behind the UK, one hour ahead of East Coast Time. The climate in Bermuda is generally sub-tropical and frost-free, thanks to the Gulf Stream. The local currency is the Bermuda dollar, which is fixed at parity with the US dollar. Both are freely useable on the Island. There is a 6% payroll deduction and no income tax.
Visit the Hamilton Recruitment website to find out more about Bermuda, living and working offshore, and actuarial work on the Islands: http://www.hamilton-recruitment.com/faqs
About Hamilton Recruitment
Hamilton Recruitment specialises in offshore Legal recruitment for destinations such as Bermuda and the Channel Islands, as well as Caribbean jurisdictions like the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands.
Please contact Clare Bishop on clare.bishop @hamilton-recruitment.com or +44 (0)207 873 2243 concerning this opportunity or for more information about living and working offshore.
In the event that you are not shortlisted for this particular vacancy, your details will be held on file and considered for other relevant opportunities.