Senior Consultant, Actuarial | Bermuda
SENIOR CONSULTANT – ACTUARIAL – BERMUDA – INSURANCE – REINSURANCE – BIG FOUR – ONLY 6% TAX
About this opportunity
Our client, a Big Four firm with offices across the globe and the Caribbean/Bermuda region, is seeking a qualified or part-qualified actuary to join its team.
The Senior Consultant, Actuarial position involves assisting clients with pricing, financial reporting, capital modelling, ALM and M&A within the long-term and general Re/Insurance market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participating in actuarial projects with a focus on the long-term insurance sector
- Manage competing priorities to ensure complete client satisfaction and project delivery
- Successfully communicating actuarial concepts to non-actuaries
- Participating in marketing events and business development efforts as required
- Mentor and coach junior team members
What you'll need
- Bachelor degree or above with strong academic credentials
- Qualified or in the process of exam writing with the Society of Actuaries or equivalent
- 2-3 years relevant actuarial experience in life and annuity markets, and a willingness to learn about general insurance markets
- Prior experience with actuarial software, preferably GGY AXIS and/or MG-ALFA
- Experience with VBA, SQL, MATLAB, R, Python is a plus
- Familiarity with actuarial reporting under US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines
- Strong client communication skills, both written and oral
Twenty one miles in length, Bermuda is a beautiful group of Islands located 600 miles east off the coast of North Carolina, USA. It has a year-round population of 65,000 (over a quarter of whom are expatriates) and this increases significantly during the long, hot summer tourist season when up to half a million visitors arrive. The Island time zone is four hours behind the UK, one hour ahead of East Coast Time. The climate in Bermuda is generally sub-tropical and frost-free, thanks to the Gulf Stream. The local currency is the Bermuda dollar, which is fixed at parity with the US dollar. Both are freely useable on the Island. There is a 6% payroll deduction and no income tax.
Visit the Hamilton Recruitment website to find out more about Bermuda, living and working offshore, and actuarial work on the Islands: http://www.hamilton-recruitment.com/faqs
About Hamilton Recruitment
Hamilton Recruitment specialises in offshore Legal recruitment for destinations such as Bermuda and the Channel Islands, as well as Caribbean jurisdictions like the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands.
Please contact Clare Bishop on clare.bishop @hamilton-recruitment.com or +44 (0)207 873 2243 concerning this opportunity or for more information about living and working offshore.
In the event that you are not shortlisted for this particular vacancy, your details will be held on file and considered for other relevant opportunities.