An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an Investment Officer within the Fund’s Finance team.
The West Midlands Pension Fund is a local authority Pension Fund based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands. The Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension funds, managing and administering the pension interest of our members and scheme employers. We currently have over 280,000 scheme members, 600 employers with £15bn of assets under management.
We are seeking a highly organised and flexible Officer to support the AD, Investments & Finance with asset allocation and the strategic investment management of the £15bn Pension Fund. Key responsibilities will include:
- To provide strategic investment advice and support to the Assistant Director, Investments and Finance and the Director of Pensions.
- Investigative analysis and monitoring of investment issues across the WMPF portfolios/investments including responsible investment issues.
- To be responsible for sourcing, researching and carrying out due diligence within asset classes, and recommending suitable investment selection decisions.
- To be responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of measurement of performance of the portfolios liaising with internal and external providers to ensure timely reporting to Senior Managers, Pensions Committee and Pensions Board.
- Build effective working relationships with investment organisations to maximise the benefit of services to the Fund, including the appropriate use, interpretation and implementation of analytical research into markets and investments, relevant to the implementation of the WMPF Investment strategy.
The ideal candidate will hold investment experience, have in-depth knowledge of investments with a reliable hard-working attitude.
For more information please contact Annie Egginton on 01902 551360 or email WMPFrecruitment@wolverhampton.gov.uk or to apply for this post please visit the following website:-