Consulting Capital Actuary - General Insurance
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989 and we aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The Firm is a leading provider of outsourced actuarial functions and Chief Actuary roles to UK insurers. Our consultants carry out interesting and varied of work on a broad portfolio of clients, undertaking a wide range of actuarial tasks.
Due to our continued business growth and in particular, growth of our general insurance offering, we are looking to recruit an experienced capital modelling and validation consultant to enhance our General Insurance (GI) team in London.
About the person
To be considered, you will be FIA qualified (or equivalent) with pre and post-qualified experience of working within capital modelling in the UK general insurance sector. You will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of reviewing / validating Solvency II technical provisions
- Experience of calibrating and development of solvency capital models
It would be useful if you have some London Market experience but this is not essential
Detail-oriented, you will be able to understand and effectively communicate key results to both actuaries and non-actuaries
Confident in managing both your own work and that of others, you will be comfortable in working outside of your comfort zone and have a hands-on approach, not afraid of getting your hands dirty
You are a team player, with the ability and confidence to liaise and communicate with stakeholders both internally and externally
The mentoring and study support of junior members of the team is an important part of the role and should be a passion of yours, something you take seriously
Highly organised, you have the ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
If you also have programming skills in R, SQL or Python then this would be amazing!
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you!
What we offer
- We offer you the opportunity to develop a range of technical expertise and will provide you with client and management responsibilities
- We will provide you with expert support and access to Senior Management and Partners to compliment the excellent training that will be provided
- A competitive benefits package including discretionary annual bonus
- A fantastic work enviroment in our brand new, flagship office in the City of London