Multi-basis Financial Reporting Actuary | Reinsurance
Reporting to the Head of Actuarial, the Reporting Actuary will be a key contributor and contribute to the management of a large actuarial team and ensuring key deliverables are met. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production of actuarial items for both IFRS and statutory accounts. There is flexibility to adapt the position profile to be commensurate with the candidate profile.
• Timely and accurate production of actuarial items for SII Best Estimate Liabilities/Projections, IFRS, US Statutory/regulatory reserves, and DAC.
• Analysis of reported results against plan and against prior periods.
• Maintaining appropriate and auditable controls, reconciliations and documentation with respect to valuation, cash flow testing, data and model changes
• Support the annual planning process
• Collaborate with Finance Department to ensure suitable and consistent reserving and accounting practices
• Liaising with relevant external and internal stakeholders including external auditors and colleagues throughout the Group, particularly in the US and Europe
• Support the IFRS 17 development from an actuarial perspective
• Input into the preparation of papers for the Board, Audit Committee and other relevant Committees.
• Support Head of Actuarial in ensuring the effective management of the Actuarial team
• Support Risk Management, Finance and Pricing Functions
• Other ad hoc project work as it arises
People Management -
• Manage, mentor and develop actuarial trainees
The Ideal Candidate:
• Qualified actuary, probably with between 1-3 years’ pqe
• Re/insurance experience
• Proven reporting background
• Experience of people/process management
• Strong organisational skills with ability to meet multiple competing deliverables
• Proven ability to manage, develop, and motivate people
• Flexibility and openness to change
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Good interpersonal skills
• Focused and proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Results driven and passion for quality
• Proven people management skills