Associate Investment Consultant - Investment Strategy, Manager Research & Performance Monitoring
A fantastic opportunity for an actuarial (or CFA) student to be involved in a wide range of investment consultancy work based in Hampshire.
In this role you will:
- Run spreadsheet models in connection with investment strategy.
- Assist the Consultant in identifying suitable investment strategies.
- Identify suitable investment structures to implement strategies, taking into account individual client’s circumstances and preferences.
- Conduct investment manager research and formulate views on investment managers’ capabilities.
- Conduct investment manager selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on managers.
- Calculate investment performance figures for performance monitoring purposes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market practice and legislation.
- Draft performance monitoring reports, including commentary, to a level where the report needs only a brief review by the signatory.
- Understand the basis of transfers of assets between investment managers and liaise with managers during the transfer.
- Undertake performance and risk assessment of portfolios.
- Review work done by other staff, including both detailed checks and a check for overall reasonableness.
- Draft non-standard documents to a standard where they are suitable for review by the signatory.
- CFA part-qualified or
- FIA/FFA (part qualified)
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a UK pension fund investment consultancy or have a background in a pensions consultancy, with some direct experience in an investment advisory role for at least a year.
- Good Excel and project management skills.
- Work within a team environment and participate positively in team discussions.