INVESTMENT MODELLING & CONSULTING
An investment consultant with modelling skills is required for this highly regarded consultancy. Suitable candidates will ideally be a qualified Actuary (or CFA). You will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of modelling and consulting work, this includes:
- Asset liability modelling and its application to providing strategic investment advice to DB (and DC) pension schemes.
- Designing / developing models, and dealing with internal and external stakeholders’ requirements to deliver functionality that will be used across the Investment department and externally.
- Understanding the workings of stochastic models (including monte carlo simulation models).
- Explaining complex concepts relating to modelling as it applies to pension schemes, both internally and to sophisticated clients.
- Identifying suitable investment structures to implement strategies, taking into account individual client’s circumstances and preferences.
- Conducting investment manager research and formulating views on investment managers’ capabilities.
- Conducting investment manager selection exercises, leading clients to reach decisions on managers.
- Assessing investment management agreements and negotiating terms with investment management providers.
- Agreeing the basis of and overseeing transfers of assets between investment managers.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of market practice and legislation.
- Undertaking performance and risk assessment of portfolios.
- Presenting the different investment requirements of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes, including AVCs, and suitable investment options.
Suitable candidates will be technically proficient – in particular strong Excel skills, and have an understanding of programming languages. C# and VBA would be desirable.
Apply for INVESTMENT MODELLING & CONSULTING
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly