Graduate Actuarial Associate
- Full Time
Can you stand out from the crowd?
- Highly intelligent and numerate?
- Confident, and an excellent communicator?
- A quick learner, able to adapt to, and thrive in, new situations?
- Eager to take early responsibility, both on client projects and within a progressive, growing business?
- Interested in developing strong IT / coding skills and experiencing a wider range of work than offered in traditional actuarial roles (eg data analytics and modelling)?
These are the characteristics we look for in our graduate recruits; we have a strong track record of taking on the very highest-quality numerate graduates and supporting them as they develop into successful actuaries, able to provide great value to our clients.
What does an APR graduate role involve?
APR provides high-quality technical, data-driven and modelling solutions to clients mainly in the financial sector. These solutions take the form of:
- Short-term actuarial support to supplement client teams, working on a broad selection of different projects.
- Consulting solutions, using our expertise to address a variety of client needs in areas like data analysis, modelling and technical training services.
This means that the majority of your APR career will be spent on direct client work, normally on site at clients’ offices, contributing across all types of actuarial projects and helping our clients to meet the challenges they face – all of which will quickly serve to develop your own actuarial skills. Projects can be based anywhere in the UK (sometimes beyond), and typically last for between 2 and 12 months.
We pride ourselves on the high-quality of our training, both in the core technical areas we know are in high demand, but also in the wider skills needed to make our associates into well-rounded professionals, able to stand out and make a difference on such projects.
When not out with clients there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in all manner of internal activities, aimed at developing our expanding business, alongside a focus on training and continued development of your technical and softer skills.
We also provide full study support, with a much higher than average pass rate in the actuarial exams, helping you to qualify quickly and opening up even more opportunities for interesting and diverse client projects.
The result, we believe, is that our graduate scheme provides the opportunity for a more varied, exciting and financially rewarding career than offered by traditional actuarial employers.
So is APR for you?
If you’re looking to embark on a career which gives you the opportunity to:
- Enjoy unrivalled variety in your work and gain experience across a wide range of actuarial, modelling and data analysis projects.
- Make a difference on stimulating assignments within weeks of starting, and be financially rewarded for doing so.
- Receive some of the best training any actuarial employer offers with extensive education in the skills our clients need – for example Excel / VBA, coding, data analysis and actuarial software – along with full study support.
- Become part of a small but renowned group of graduate employees, working closely with the partners of the business within a culture that is friendly, inclusive and supportive.
Then we’re sure you will find APR’s graduate associate scheme a highly rewarding experience.
See our website for further details.