Investment Consultant - DB Pensions
#Consider experiencing life at BW
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well-trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
As a result of continued success and growth, we have vacancies for additional investment consultants across our offices in Cheltenham, Bromsgrove, Bristol, Liverpool, Leeds and Glasgow.
Our Investment Consulting Practice Area provides investment consultancy services to the pension schemes of UK companies as well as other clients such as charities. Barnett Waddingham is committed to providing the best possible service to all of its clients and to achieve this service we need talented, motivated and enthusiastic people.
About the role
As an Investment Consultant, you would be responsible for leading advice on some clients and supporting Partners or one of the senior investment consultants on others. You will be given responsibility for formulating advice and encouraged to think independently. There will also be opportunities to become involved in research and development in areas of interest as well as helping to support and develop the more junior members of the team to meet their career objectives.
- The role requires you to be either FIA, FFA or CFA qualified with prior experience in providing investment consultancy to Defined Benefit pension schemes.
- Are you self-motivated? Do you take personal responsibility for provision of services to your clients?
- Do you have strengths in problem solving? Are you confident in answering queries raised by clients?
- Do you manage your own workload effectively, and that of your clients including delegating work to other team members and ensuring timescales are met?
- Are you able to explain technical issues in simplified terms to trustees and scheme sponsors and more junior team members?
If the answers are yes, we would love to hear from you.
- Opportunities to progress - we're growing and taking on new business across the firm every day which gives our staff the opportunity to grow and develop their careers too
- Work-life balance - we're committed to encouraging our staff to achieve the work-life balance that they desire - well-being is a vital part of this and something we promote
- Benefits package - we offer a highly competitive benefits package, which we think gives you the freedom to select those benefits most suited to your lifestyle
If you would like to work for one of the UK’s leading consultancies at the forefront of investment, risk, pensions and insurance, click to apply now.