Supporting the team Actuaries with provision of the detailed analysis, results drafting and presentation in respect of their key Divisional responsibilities as listed below:
- Data preparation and draft projections for large individual account pricing and new business due dilliegence.
- Support and development of underwriter exposure rating tools and data capture, including IT platforming solutions.
- Support and development of analytics involving the use of internal data, credit agency information and other external data sources.
- Regular interaction with underwriters in all these aspects.
Capital Model Parameterisation and Risk Limit Modelling
- Providing Capital Model inputs and outputs for Actuarial team validation.
- Development of existing models used to model Financial Risks for Risk Limit monitoring
- Draft parameterisation of the quarterly reserving process including review and update of development pattern selection for presentation and discussion with Senior Actuaries.
- Data preparation and draft analysis for ad-hoc “deep dive” portfolio segementation and historic performance.
- Development of market benchmark development patterns.
Reporting Lines and Management Responsibilities
- Reports in to Senior Managing Actuary and supporting Senior Actuarial Analysts within the Divisional team.
Skills and Experience
- One to two years’ relevant work experience in the general insurance, reinsurance or consultancy field. Direct experience in the above lines of business useful but not essential. Alternatively one to two years’ work experience involving statistical modelling or work within the credit industry.
- Requires educational attainments: 2.1 in a numerate/scientific degree
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong working knowledge of common database software (SQL, MS Access) as a minimum and the opportunity to apply and/or learn coding skills (eg VBA, R, Python).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills, communicating with a range of internal and external clients of varying experience, expertise and appreciation of actuarial techniques.
Apply for Data Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly