To support the team actuaries with the provision of detailed analysis, results drafting and presentation in respect of their key Divisional responsibilities as listed below:
- Data preparation and draft projections for large individual account pricing, portfolio monitoring and new business due diligence.
- Support and development of underwriter exposure rating tools and data capture, including IT platform solutions.
- Regular interaction with underwriters in all these aspects.
Capital Model and Business Plan Parameterisation
- Premium risk parameterisation of claims frequency and severity distributions.
- Providing Capital Model inputs and outputs for Actuarial team validation.
- Draft parameterisation of the biannual reserving process including the review and update of development pattern selection for presentation and discussion with Senior Actuaries.
- Data preparation and draft analysis for ad-hoc “deep dive” portfolio segmentation and historical performance.
- Development of market benchmark development patterns.
Reporting Lines and Management Responsibilities
- Reports to the Senior Actuary.
- Distribution channels are Global under both Company and Lloyd’s license, using open market and delegated authority.
Skills and Experience
- Part-qualified Actuary, making good progress with the Actuarial examinations.
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant work experience in the general insurance, reinsurance or consultancy field. A background in London Market/Commercial Lines is preferable but not essential.
- Requires educational attainments: 2.1 in a numerate/scientific degree.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong working knowledge of common database software (SQL, MS Access) as a minimum and the opportunity to apply and/or learn coding skills (e.g. VBA, R, Python).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills, communicating with a range of internal and external clients of varying experience, expertise and appreciation of actuarial techniques.
Apply for Actuarial Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly