Actuarial Associate Consultants
Empower what’s next for your actuarial career
We are seeking talented and ambitious part qualified or qualified pensions actuaries to join our Retirement & Investment Teams in one of our nationwide offices (Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, St Albans, London, Epsom or Bristol. You will be primarily responsible for contributing to the overall delivery of exceptional client service, either directly or in support of senior team members.
Due to growing demand for our services, we are looking for highly capable individuals with innovative approaches to problem-solving, strong mathematical backgrounds and an unerring commitment to quality. You’ll help us deliver and design best-in-class strategies for our clients.
In return, we’ll help you become a true expert, by offering you rotations through our Corporate and Trustee consulting groups, as well as the chance to work day to day with the specialist teams within our award winning Retirement & Investment division (such as the risk settlement group, International Retirement and Investment, longevity modelling, investment, delegated consulting & DC). The opportunities to progress your career and gain exposure here at Aon are endless. We are market leaders in all of these fields, continually utilising exciting technology and innovating solutions for our diverse client base.
In addition we will provide you with market leading study support, a structured development programme and the work life balance that you require to succeed.
About the Role
- You will rotate into both our Corporate & Trustee consulting groups
- Attend and participate in client meetings and calls, providing valuable support to the Scheme Actuary / Client Manager
- Playing an active part in service delivery as part of the client team and involve others in identifying service improvements where appropriate
- Building strong relationships externally with our clients and internally with your colleagues
- Taking responsibility for the production (quality, timeliness and budget) of work for allocated clients. This includes undertaking and checking complex technical calculations (as appropriate to competence and experience) and drafting reports and advice papers
- Taking part in setting and negotiating fees where appropriate with the Scheme Actuary / Client Manager
- Taking responsibility to keep up to date with changes in the employee benefits environment and Aon’s propositions
- Progressing through your professional qualifications and being responsible for your own development
- You will take on responsibility for developing employees on our Early Careers programme
- Ensuring appropriate legislative, regulatory, business and professional standards are followed
- We also offer fixed rotations into our Investment & International teams
- Relevant industry knowledge and experience of UK employee benefits / occupational pension provision
- Part (actively studying) or fully qualified Actuary
- Previous pensions actuarial consulting experience coupled with sound technical capability
- A degree in a numerate subject (2:1 classification or above)
- Ability to deliver effective client service to multiple clients within agreed financial and time budgets
- Experience/track record in relationship management
We’re happy to talk flexible working.
If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.