Graduate Trainee Scheme 2019
Looking to join a leading consultancy firm that offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits?
Barnett Waddingham is the UK’s largest independent provider of actuarial, administration and consultancy services, spread across 8 offices throughout the UK. We are a partner led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated advice and consultancy. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working for an award winning leading organisation in a closely knit and friendly team. Our continuing growth means we are looking to expand with ambitious university graduates who value the chance to join the partnership in due course.
We pride ourselves on being a friendly and ambitious firm, which maintains its core values, supportive job structure and work/life balance. Increasing our talented workforce is imperative to maintaining a proactive and competitive business, which is why our study support package and dedicated training team are always on hand for guidance throughout our graduate programme and beyond.
Our Graduate Scheme
No two days are ever the same at Barnett Waddingham, as a firm employing over 1,000 people across 8 offices in the UK, we work with a wide range of clients, large and small, in both the private and public sectors, including over 15% of all FTSE350 firms.
To underpin continued development towards success in achieving the full FIA qualification, our graduates will participate in a Graduate Rotation Scheme (for all areas other than Insurance Actuarial). The rotation scheme will consist of placements in different areas of our business (in one location) over a 12-18 month period.
- Our graduate consultancy programme supports employees to achieve their full FIA (Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries) qualification.
- Actuaries come from different academic backgrounds but share a love of mathematical analysis even if they haven’t done a maths degree.
- In an increasingly complex financial world where greater emphasis is being placed on risk management the actuarial qualification is a gateway to many different opportunities and careers. The qualification is recognised globally and the skills you acquire in attaining it will enable you to work anywhere in the world.
- The role will cover a range of actuarial and investment services and the chance to work with a range of institutions and corporate clients.
- It may also provide the opportunity to use actuarial and risk management skills in some newer areas, such as our evolving Business Risk services or data analytics and wider consultancy to the Oil and Gas industry.
- A very important part of a consultancy role is communication, whether this is to convey a technical issue in simple terms to meet the needs of the audience or at senior management level
Who we are looking for:
Our current graduate vacancies require a minimum 2:1 degree, A at A-Level maths and 300 UCAS points, in return you will be offered a competitive salary and reward package including contributions towards gym memberships, generous holiday allowance and pension contributions. Developing your consultancy and numerical skills requires time for studying and monetary support towards exam materials, which is why our study package encompasses this and much more.
In return we require dedicated individuals with a strong academic background who are dynamic, proactive and have excellent communication skills.