Actuary (approximately 5 years qualified) to manage SII Reporting Team, Dublin
The role will offer you the opportunity to showcase your skills across a broad range of actuarial specialisms. This role has a wide span of responsibilities, ranging from business planning to reporting, expense management to economic capital, capital management to Solvency II and support for the ORSA. Key attributes include:
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries in Ireland (SAI) or the IFOA
- Experience managing teams and stakeholders
- Experience in business planning and financial reporting
- Experience in Finance transformation is not a requirement, but would be a significant advantage.
- Experience in Moses would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills required, in particular the ability to explain complex concepts in simple language
- Adaptiveness to change – The ability to learn, unlearn and relearn.
- Decision making and judgement – The ability to exercise judgement and make decisions.
- Analytical Thinking – The ability to understand and draw conclusions from situations, problems and issues logically and systematically.
- Communicating and Influencing – Your communications skills will be first class and you will need these skills to build strong relationships externally and internally. You will need to demonstrate your skills in influencing outcomes to achieve business objectives and create effective business relationships.
- Team Work – You will need to work closely with other members in the team to ensure that overall team objectives are achieved.
- Customer Focus – Knowing who your customers are, keeping the meeting of their needs at the forefront of the mind and taking responsibility for the service delivered to them.
- Information Gathering – The ability to seek out relevant data from a range of sources to identify, analyse and interpret situations, issues and problems logically.
For further information
If you believe you would like and suit the above role, please contact me, Ger Bradley, Actuary at