Looking for a role that provides a great development opportunity within all aspects of Actuarial work?
Looking for a better work-life balance?
The Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world. Our benefits include access to indemnity, expert advice and peace of mind. Our in-house experts assist with the wide range of legal and ethical problems that arise from professional practice. This includes clinical negligence claims, complaints, medical and dental council inquiries, legal and ethical dilemmas, disciplinary procedures, inquests and fatal accident inquiries.
Due to our continued focus on developing our actuarial capabilities, we are looking to grow our team in the London Office.
This role will work closely with experienced actuaries across pricing, reserving and capital modelling with the flexibility to adapt the role to the analyst’s particular skills and areas of interest. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to all three main areas of actuarial work.
Subject to the job holder’s interests and business requirements, they will work with other members of the actuarial team to:
- Find ways to improve the efficiency of the processes and models
- Ensure that data quality as used in the actuarial processes is of the highest standard and reconciles to source data from the data warehouse
- Perform bi-annual actuarial reviews of subscriptions (pricing) and annual reserve reviews for all major membership groups including data preparation, modelling, reporting and interpreting and communicating results
- Implement changes to the capital model as required
- Parameterise and run the capital model including performing analyses of change
- Compare and contrast actual claim experience with that expected in reserving and financial models to provide insight into intra-year movements
- Write and maintain documentation
In order to apply you will be an experienced actuarial student, progressing well through your examinations, and ideally possess a mathematical degree.
You will need to have experience of working in a general insurance actuarial team preferably with long-tailed classes and be experienced in drafting actuarial reports and presentations.
You must have excellent Excel skills with knowledge of either ResQ or ReMetrica a distinct advantage.
We are looking for someone exceptionally bright who is enthusiastic about insurance, technical actuarial work and coding.
In return, we can provide you with opportunities and training to develop your experience in the three main areas of actuarial work whilst maintaining an excellent work-life balance.
12% pension scheme, private medical insurance, healthcare cash plan, 25 days paid holiday in addition to public holidays, London weighting allowance (currently £4,920 per annum), childcare vouchers, annual bonus scheme and a generous study package to support you with your actuarial exams.
To find out more and apply, please visit https://www.medicalprotection.org/uk/about-mps/careers-at-mps.
MPS is an equal opportunities employer.