Exciting Newly Qualified Reserving Senior Analyst!
The role will provide initial head room for a driven high performer to grow into and gain significant exposure across the business, with support provided and opportunities to make a real personal impact. In time and depending on the individual, opportunities will continue to evolve to either take on more senior responsibility within the team, as well as working elsewhere across the wider Group.
- Production of quarterly reserve results for the relevant Syndicates / Business Unit.
- Parameterising of existing models in ResQ (development curves, IELRs, method selection etc.) and be able to articulate and document key judgments to Reserving manager and Head of Reserving.
- Develop strong business partnering relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Work to improve and challenge the status-quo by embedding improved reserving processes and key analysis to add more value to the business decision taking.
- Mentor and review work of more junior members of the team.
- Reserve risk parameterisation using ResQ and providing inputs to the capital model.
- Undertake additional responsibilities and projects which may include deep dives into specific business areas, reserve risk analysis, Solvency II technical provisions, Economic Balance Sheet calculations (Bermuda Solvency II equivalent regime), Brexit related activities, IFRS 17 model development, actuarial function holder support.
Newly (or nearly) qualified, this Individual should have a minimum 4 years’ experience in the non-life industry including prior reserving experience, ideally in ResQ, with a good understanding of the London Market &/or Commercial Lines business.
The ability to manage your own work load, work independently and to deliver high quality output within tight deadlines.
Must be curious, seek continuous improvement and able to work under their own initiative.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of working with people at all levels internal and external to the business.
Must be able to demonstrate significant achievement in your pursuits to date including good progress in the actuarial exams.
Knowledge of the following programmes is beneficial: ResQ, SQL, Tableau, R