Research and Pricing (Data) analyst
* Exceptional coding ability in VBA, R and SQL is required *
This role is based in central London with a Global Reinsurer
Key responsibilities of role include:
- Developing and maintaining data repositories and pricing and analysis tools , including:
- SQL databases
- Spreadsheet tools and models
- R models
- Mo.Net financial modelling software models
- Implementing practical changes to improve the pricing team’s systems and processes.
- Supporting research projects, particularly those requiring data and statistical analysis.
- Support of analysis and assessment of life and health reinsurance portfolios for the purposes of risk management, experience study and quotation.
- Producing client-specific quotations across all lines of individual and group protection insurance.
- Working collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Marketing activities, including giving presentations to clients and writing articles.
This role supports the pricing team and reports into a Senior Pricing Actuary who in turn reports to the Head of Pricing and Research. The successful candidate will collaborate with actuarial colleagues within the team, as well as with other teams including marketing, underwriting, claims, financial reporting and financial accounting.