An exciting opportunity to join the Innovation lab as an Innovation Analyst of a top Lloyd's Syndicate. The mission is to develop and demonstrate the value of data as an asset within the business, whilst supporting the Innovation Leader to address strategic and tactical commercial considerations.
The role is suited to someone who may have started the Actuarial exams but has decided not to pursue that career further.
The opportunity here provides:
- Conduct research and analysis on industry verticals and specific companies to assist commercial decisions and to optimise existing and understand new business opportunities
- Responsibly assisting in the discovery of insights and identifying opportunities through the use of qualitative research as well as statistical, algorithmic and visualisation techniques, and communicating results
- Build domain expertise and assist in identifying insurtech developments and trends and establish the relevance for the companies strategy
Key skills that you'll require to be suited to this role of Innovation Analyst:
- Combination of business focus, strong analytical and problem solving skills and programming knowledge to be able to quickly test hypotheses and present insights.
- Communication: Excellent interpersonal and written skills that enable the candidate to build trust with senior management and all members of staff and persuade them of the business benefits of data analysis.
- Credibility: will have an enthusiasm for technology and its use in innovation and change projects specifically to influence business leaders.
- Integrity: The ability to make a principled stand where required.
- Flexibility: The ability to retain a sense of perspective and recognise the occasional collision between “real world” situations and theory.
- Personality: The ability to work unsupervised. The role holder will be given a fair degree of autonomy and needs to be comfortable with this, but should also be a complementary team member.
- Educated to University degree level or equivalent (or international equivalent).
- Ability to use systems and software programs needed to carry out the responsibilities of the role.
- Competent MS Office user including excellent excel skills.
Preferable skills and experience:
- Some experience of programming languages (R, Python, or other) is helpful.
- Some experience of Tableau would be useful.