Consultant Name: Despo Mouyis
Telephone Number: (0)203 867 9850
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead the development of mortality, critical illness, longevity and income protection bases through analysis of experience data (both company specific and external) and an understanding of the distribution and risk landscape in the markets that they operate in.
- Carry out experience analyses for current in-force treaties and setting valuation bases for various reporting methodologies as well as reporting to key stakeholders in the company.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Solvency II internal model in terms of quantifying insurance risk.
- Lead actuarial Research projects in respect of non-business-as-usual workstreams across all lines of business. Work with Pricing, Underwriting & Marketing Teams in respect of product development, pricing innovation and ad-hoc projects.
- Contribute to the development of vital data, processes and knowledge to lead/support the development of pricing bases for new product or market initiatives.
- Newly or Nearly Qualified Fellow of the Institute or Faculty of Actuaries or other similar organisation
- Demonstrable experience of experience studies and/or reinsurance and/or life insurance pricing / product development either with a consultancy, reinsurer or direct insurer
- Strong understanding of actuarial principles and processes, such as the control cycle
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Business awareness
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of actuarial techniques such as Generalised Linear Models and Survival Models
- Awareness of systems including, but not limited to, Access, Pretium or Emblem, R, SQL, Tableau
- Knowledge of stochastic projection techniques
- Organisational skills