To meet ever-growing client demand for our services, APR is looking to expand our capability by recruiting additional part-qualified actuaries to enhance our team of employee consultants.
Key benefits of working for APR include:
- Being part of a select team of actuarial consultants, renowned for their quality – demonstrated by regular glowing client feedback, a rapidly expanding client base and an IFoA actuarial exam pass rate averaging 80% over the past three years.
- Accelerating your technical expertise and widening your exposure to different areas of actuarial work, via immediate opportunities for project work at our clients, sometimes crossing practice sectors, and via our industry-leading internal training programme and technical material.
- Developing wider business skills and taking on additional internal responsibilities that are pivotal to APR’s success and continuing growth. For the individual, these can build skills and experience key to enhancing career prospects post-qualification: recruitment, training and management of actuarial staff, technical responsibilities, business development involvement and assessment of new commercial opportunities for APR.
- Being well-rewarded financially, through both top-quartile basic salary and participation in our bonus and profit-share arrangements – as a small firm we are keen to align interests and reward you directly for your contribution to continued company success.
- Satisfaction and enjoyment in your work (hopefully!) – APR has a very strong record of staff retention, aided by what we believe to be a flat company structure and honest, open communication across the entire business.
Skills / attributes
Ideal candidates will have gained one to three years of UK actuarial experience, ideally in the insurance sector though we will consider exceptional candidates from other areas of practice.
The attributes below are those we believe are essential or desirable for individuals joining our pool of staff, and selection decisions will be based on measuring against these criteria.
- Analytical capabilities – able to assess, question and validate information and make logical judgement about actions to take.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal, to permit the explanation of complex issues clearly and appropriately.
- Commercial awareness – understanding of when an issue is material, and adopting a delivery-focused approach to work.
- Teamwork and collaboration – able to work effectively with others and adapt quickly into a new team when placed on project.
- Workload management – providing confidence to seniors that you’re managing your workload, even under periods of exacting deadlines or heavy work pressure.
- Willingness to spend some working weeks of the year away from home on client project.
- A good level of IT literacy.
- Demonstrable appetite to develop strong coding and modelling skills
- Evidence of good progress towards qualification as an actuary.
- Enthusiasm for wider involvement in developing our growing business.
To apply, please submit your CV, along with a covering message, via the form below.