Senior Actuarial Analyst - Scotland
Senior Actuarial Analyst
We are looking for some highly motivated, part or qualified actuaries, who are either actively studying or have stopped taking the exams, to join our expanding team.
The roles provide an excellent opportunity to get involved with the many aspects of life and pensions actuarial work that we deliver to our clients, including actuarial policy servicing, corporate reporting, modelling, transformation and project delivery.
We offer an experience which combines elements of both consultancy and traditional life office work. We value skills and expertise developed during your career as much as success with the professional exams, so we provide opportunities to get involved in a wide variety of work to enable you to progress continuously.
We are looking for candidates who will enjoy working closely with our clients. You will be developing relationships with customers and internal stakeholders from an early stage, identifying opportunities to improve and build on our delivery and resource solutions. You will be based at one of our national offices but will often be working from various client sites for periods of time supporting our client’s needs, so an appetite for travel is desirable.
Desired skill set/personal attributes:
- Part or qualified actuarial candidate with at least three years’ varied experience in the Life Insurance industry, either from a life office, Business Process Outsourcer or consultancy
- Advanced MS Excel skills including VBA
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex actuarial principles clearly and appropriately, both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail with the ability to provide constructive feedback to colleagues
- Organisational skills to plan and prioritise own and others’ workload
- Experience in co-ordinating project deliverables or managing a small team
- Good working knowledge of actuarial issues and techniques
- Experience of actuarial modelling tools (e.g. Prophet, Moses) including model development/coding experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider multi-discipline team
- Flexibility to support our clients as required