Mixed Reserving and Capital Modelling Analyst – Dublin (Ireland)
Do you speak French, have circa 3 years Capital Modelling/Reserving experience looking for a new and exciting opportunity in Dublin?
This role offers an opportunity to join a positive and vibrant company with a skilled passionate team of people. Our client is proud to be named as a great place to work by Great Place to work 2015, 2016 and 2018.
The workplace is underpinned by a vibrant Culture and Values programme comprising of well-being, corporate social responsibility, HR best practice and fair funding for fun. They value employees and quality of life at work is a priority for them. They understand that great workplaces are built through the day to day relationships that employees experience. Everyone work together to achieve the organisational objectives with employees who give their best, develop in their careers and enjoy coming to work and achieving together with their colleagues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – REPORTING TO RESERVING AND MODELLING TEAM LEADER
Reserving – new business
- Work on tools, methods and processes linked to a new portfolio of PPI business
- Liaise with the Finance and Actuarial function of the sister companies which front the business to explain the evolution of the result and the experience.
- Adapt reserving processes and methodologies to keep up with the evolving French market.
Reserving – existing business
- Calculate reserves in a timely and accurate manner
- Participate in the development and testing of new methodologies for calculating the technical reserves
- Produce control cards in line with risk management requirements of internal control
- Conduct experience surveys on mortality, morbidity, lapse etc.
- Participate in the updating of reserving policies and measure the impact of the updated reserving policies
- Review the Technical Accounts and Reinsurance accounts on an ongoing basis to ensure they are in line with the current Reserving Policy
- Produce and check the Profit Shares calculated for our partners in line with our agreements
- Provide necessary actuarial assumptions for preparation of Medium Term Plan/budget.
- Responsible for checking the budget completed by the underwriting team
- Assist in defining reporting requirements while setting up new partners / products
Prudential Control Reporting French Regulator
- Assist in the production of Finaref ACPR reporting for regulatory purposes
- Assist in the production of technical notes as necessary for the regulator
- Testing model developments and parameterisation of the Prophet models for Solvency 2 calculations
- Analyse results of models for reasonability including detailed checks for auditability
- Assist in setting up the data flow processes to/from Prophet to meet modelling and Financial Reporting requirements
- Assist in other projects helping to automate processes using Prophet model as required
- Keep up to date model documentation, procedures and processes on work performed. Answer questions and provide information to audit and external reviewers including Actuarial Function Holder.
- Develop, update, implement and improve control processes related to the activity of the actuarial department
- Participate in the writing of procedures
- Develop good relationships with French Finance team
- With IT, Project, Administration & Operations, Finance and Business Development Departments
- With corporate clients and Third Party Administrators (TPA).
- ACPR (French regulator)
- External consultants
Experience and qualification:
- Actuarial qualification.
- Experience with Prophet, SAS, VBA is an advantage
- Experience working with Microsoft packages, particularly Excel, a necessity.
- English and French fluency a necessity.
- Good communication skills, team player, organised and punctual.
Apply for more information!
Apply for Mixed Reserving and Capital Modelling Analyst – Dublin (Ireland)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly