Graduate Actuarial Analyst
I'm currently working exclusively on a new graduate Actuarial Analyst opportunity with a well-regarded insurer who can offer a good work life balance and plenty of room to progress.
My client is looking for a recent graduate with some excellent IT skills and strong problem-solving and quantitative skills to join their fantastic Capital Modelling team!
Qualifications and Experience:
- Excellent IT skills, including:
- Excel (essential).
- Some programming experience would be advantageous
- Strong communication skills - able to talk to and produce clear documentation setting out technical issues and complex processes that can be understood by non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving and quantitative skills.
- Ability to work independently under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Adaptable and comfortable with changing work priorities.
- Critical thinking / good analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Delivers work accurately and on time.
- Enjoys and works effectively in a team.
- Innovative - enjoys developing new ideas, as well as working on established processes.
- Building our Capability.
- Team Work.
Essential Job Functions
- Operate spreadsheet-based tools to calculate and project Standard Formula SCR.
- Conduct scenario-testing to assess the impact on solvency of various capital management actions.
- Operate the VEGA system to assist with quarterly and annual Solvency II submissions.
- Operate tools to assess the returns delivered by our insurance products on a regulatory capital basis.
- Create reports to facilitate the validation and subsequent approval of SCR submissions for the insurance entities and the Group.
- Coordinate with the Solvency II teams across the business to provide analytical support.
Other duties may be assigned.
So if you're looking to kick start your Actuarial career, apply now!