Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon, Retirement & Investment
Aon's Retirement & Investment solutions business is the global leader in human resource consulting and outsourcing solutions. For us, clients are key and the expertise of our people is second to none. We provide clients with distinctive value through an industry-leading portfolio of products and services in actuarial, investment, general consulting and pension’s administration. We align to a Global structure and work to develop methodology, practices and services to exceed our Client’s needs.
The Global Investment Practice specialises in providing independent investment advice to a wide range of clients on investment strategy, asset allocation, interest rate risk management, investment manager selection and monitoring. As our client base in Ireland continues to grow, we are excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join our team.
From a base in Cork or Dublin, you will have exposure to a wide range of investment services covering our diverse and growing client portfolio. If based in Cork, frequent travel to Dublin will be required.
What is the Aon Colleague Experience?
Being a part of Aon means making a difference – every moment, every day – across the globe.
- It’s knowing that your work makes a difference – for our clients, our colleagues and our communities.
- It’s working every day with the best – people who are knowledgeable, passionate, conscientious, and innovative.
- It’s understand that you own your potential – to develop your skills, grow your career, and expand your reach across businesses and geographies
- It’s being valued for who are you are and what you bring to the firm – appreciation and recognition for your contributions, tools and resources to let you do your best work every day, a comprehensive total rewards package, and the encouragement to be your authentic self at work.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate; where you will continue to grow your career and get great exposure to a diverse range of clients. The role will focus primarily on providing Investment Consulting solutions to Defined Benefit clients.
- Serving as lead consultant on a number of clients and establish strong relationships whilst managing all aspects of the investment consulting relationship with these clients.
- Proactively assist with the provision of independent investment advice to clients on asset allocation, investment strategy, investment manager selection and risk management, liability and growth risks.
- Providing client management support and assistance to a number of senior investment consultants on a wide range of clients such as defined benefit plans, other pension arrangements, foundations, charities and other institutional clients
- Participating in the success of the business through mentoring, and contribution to thought leadership (thought leadership relates to strategy development, risk modelling, manager /quantitative research or individual specialism).
- Developing relationships with Global investment managers
- Participating in working groups in the industry such as the Society of Actuaries or the IAPF Education
- Educated to degree level (likely to be Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business or similar)
- Professional qualifications required and will be considered:
- Qualified Actuary , or currently working towards an Actuarial Fellowship, ideally in pensions or investment
- Or, Qualified CFA’s with Defined Benefit experience
Essential Skills and Experience
- You hold a strong experience base with a minimum of 5 years' financial services experience preferably with a major consulting, asset management or banking firm involved in advising occupational pension schemes and/or institutional investors.
- Prior UK experience, would be advantageous
- Prior experience in Fiduciary Management/Delegated Defined Benefit Consulting, advantageous
- Knowledge of the process for setting an investment strategy for occupational pension schemes and long term investors and the factors that influence a clients’ decision is a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of pension liabilities and asset classes, how they interact and the role they can play in meeting client objectives in tandem with an understanding of the asset-liability risk management process.
- Experience conducting and presenting the results of Asset Liability Modelling exercises.
- Possess a strong understanding of Irish clients’ needs and have demonstrable experience in relationship management and business development
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills with a complimentary professional presentation style
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage workload in a timely and proactive manner
- Team spirit – enjoy contribution, innovation and be comfortable working at all levels
What you can expect from us:
- Our Dublin 2 & Cork office locations being easily accessible with an attractive offer and range of benefits geared to attract the best
- Career development opportunities both in Ireland and globally
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of talented, motivated colleagues who will support you to own your potential
- Key focus on employee wellbeing in order to achieve optimal health and performance for our colleagues and organisation
- We continually invest in our people, developing colleagues through a range of Learning and Development opportunities including access to our tech-enabled Learning platform ‘Aon University’
We’re happy to talk flexible working. Aon Ireland offer and promote flexible working arrangements where possible.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 18th April 2018
Aon is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals are selected on the basis of their abilities and merits to perform the tasks required. Our policy is to be fair and consistent in all aspects of our business. We recognise respect and value differences and diversity. We embrace equality as part of our normal way of doing things because we believe that it is the right thing to do for our people, our clients and our success. All applications received will be dealt with confidentially and subject to the company recruitment and selection processes.