Actuarial Pricing Manager
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
We are looking for an experienced actuary with commercial background. You will:
- Manage and drive successful delivery of pricing models across the Insurance Division
- Support the business in providing case pricing expertise to assist and influence underwriting decisions
- Take on a leadership role managing a team of 4 and help develop the capability of the team
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver pricing analysis to ensure business decisions are made with the best possible quantitative information and advice, supporting the business objectives
- Plan and manage delivery of pricing tools with appropriate resourcing within own team and wider actuarial team, engaging underwritering business owners to assist in successful delivery of tools.
- Represent the Insurance Division at appropriate pricing meetings to present on the Rate Movement and Benchmarking development as well as pricing model review progress.
- Work with the Executive Director of Market Management in providing actuarial support and analysis for key presentations and discussions with MTP’s.
- Ensure that pricing is informed by analysis of past performance and modelling of future expectations. Apply appropriate analysis techniques to gain insights from the data, and produce results which are robust and valid for the business situation being considered.
- Develop these techniques through your own experience and by keeping abreast of practice elsewhere in the company and the market
- Provide input to business plans, applying knowledge of business performance, trends and driving factors to assist the Strategic Analysts Actuarial colleagues in the business plan process.
- Collaborate effectively with external and internal stakeholders such as actuaries underwriters and portfolio managers across QBE to identify and share new techniques, sources of data, expertise and business opportunities
- Communicate results in a clear and relevant way, so that effective and timely decisions can be made
- Coach and support junior members of the pricing team, assisting in their development plans
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified or equivalent, with a strong mathematical component, and bringing proven knowledge of techniques of statistical and numerical analysis, applied to business decision making
- Knowledge of the practice of insurance underwriting, pricing, portfolio management or reserving focussed on commercial lines.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic programming is not a pre-requisite but advantageous
- Ability to engage collaboratively with stakeholders bringing a range of business perspectives
- Ability to lead and develop a small team of analysts
- Effective communication with the ability to persuade and influence both directly and indirectly
- Good written and presentational skills.
- A track record of designing and implementing new pricing in a commercial environment.
- Experience of statistical pricing and scenario analysis
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, or other SQL database software
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.