Part Qualified Reserving Actuary
The successful candidate will also work closely with the Head of Actuarial (Chief Actuary) of H&L based in Dublin, and with the combined actuarial teams both in Dublin and Paris. Beyond the Health and Life business, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a number of global Partner projects and cross lines of business initiatives as well as interact with the Group.
Reserving and Regulation
- Maintain and enhance the Company's reserving function according to local regulation, Solvency II
- Assist the team in submitting timely and accurate deliverables (including actuarial reports, MVBS submissions, claims cash flows, QRTs)
- Support internal and external audits
Portfolio and profit management
- Maintain and further develop the company's suite of profitability analysis reporting and engage in pricing oversight.
- Provide MIS data to the business
- Assist in maintaining an actuarial data base for both the Paris and Dublin businesses and conduct projects to continuously enhance availability, completeness, reliability and granularity of data.
- Advise on the reinsurance arrangements
- Participate in the annual planning exercise
- Assist the Finance Department in areas such as financial projections, budgeting, statutory reporting and reinsurance accounting
Requirements of the candidate
- Appropriate actuarial professional experience (ideally between 2 and 5 years of experience).
- Good spoken and written English required. French is an advantage.
- As the International Health & Life business is mainly conducted as a general insurance book requiring a background in general actuarial businesses (P&C) complemented with a good understanding also of the life actuarial techniques
- A particular emphasis on health business is a plus
- Willingness and ability to operate in an international environment with dynamic changes
- Strong analysis and synthesis skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, proactive, self-driven
- Rigorous, precise and conscientious
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of SAS or ResQ an advantage