Technical Lead (Prophet)
Actuarial Technical Lead
The actuarial technical lead is responsible for delivering model changes and supporting the change control process for Actuarial data and projection models , and relevant systems. Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with team members and other stakeholders to implement changes to actuarial models and systems.
- Liaising with other departments to help deliver business-wide changes which impact the actuarial department, ensure the impacts of changes on corporate actuarial are understood and any actuarial issues are prioritised accordingly.
- Ensuring tasks are prioritised, requirements are understood, and changes are documented and communicated to the relevant teams.
- Ensuring that development work is carried out in a reasonable timeframe and released for use. This includes ensuring all necessary documentation, testing, quality and audit requirements are met.
The actuarial Technical lead will also possess the expertise required to :
- Assist in the maintenance of applications such as Prophet, Glean, and DCS to ensure they are fit for purpose and are supported by adequate business continuity plans
- Support training in the use and development of actuarial models, ensuring actuarial staff are kept up to date with relevant changes
- Ensure development processes are adequately documented and that this documentation is kept up to date.
- Keep up to date with changes to actuarial systems, for example though vendor training sessions or discussion forums.
- Lead initiatives to improve processes which are supported by the actuarial models and systems, working to ensure models and systems are used consistently across the different teams.
The right candidate may be asked to supervise and develop team members.