Manager and Actuary - HSBC Insurance
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
HSBC Insurance provides a comprehensive range of life products and services to suit the every possible need of our personal, commercial, corporate, institutional and private banking customers. As a leader in new life insurance business and Hong Kong’s largest administrator of retirement schemes, the business serves this diverse client portfolio from its management offices in Hong Kong and through a wide network of banking, consumer finance and insurance subsidiaries throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager and Actuary.
In this role, you will
- Review, consolidate and optimise the processes operating within the Actuarial Risk Analytics to support the development of a Target Operating Model to allow the team to focus on actuarial tasks.
- Implement operational changes through Finance Transformation initiatives.
- Be a senior consultant to actuarial projects, for example Hong Kong Risk Based Capital, within the Actuarial Risk Analytics team.
- Review and challenge results produced by the actuarial teams.
- Provide support to other teams within Actuarial Risk Analytics, as needed.
- Implementation of key business projects.
- Increased deliverable quality.
- Achieve an operational level that meets or exceeds that which has been budgeted.
- To comply with the Model Governance Standards, insurance functional instruction manual and other functional instruction manuals where applicable.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Degree holder in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant disciplines.
- Good progress with the actuarial exams.
- Relevant experience in insurance industry.
- Previous work experience in Target Operating Model is advantageous
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, VBA and Prophet.
- Generation or stochastic modelling is advantageous.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AIKS
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited