Manager, Pension Investments
Pension Investment Experts wanted! We are searching for Finance stars who can make a positive difference to GSK and who can inspire others. Come and join us! Together we can serve the patients around the world to do more, feel better and live longer!
In this exciting role, you will be expected to lead on a number of different projects and will be expected to be proactive in liaising with various stakeholders in order to develop and implement various investment and risk management work streams.
Your internal clients will include the Director of Global Pension Investments, the Group Treasurer, the CFO, the GSK Pension and Risk Committee, Trustees and Investment Committees. This role is market facing and external relationships include banks, fund managers and advisors (investment consultants, actuaries, lawyers).
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
This is a role within the Corporate Treasury department at GSK’s Head Office in Brentford, Middlesex. The role is within the Pension Investments team, which oversees the investment and financial risk management strategy for GSK’s global Defined Benefit pension assets (c.£18 billion at 31 March 2017), in accordance with Company policies. The role holder will report to the Director of Global Pension Investments.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Help to set and manage Company objectives on investment strategy and liability risk management, working closely with Trustees and their advisors
• Monitor pension investment risks alongside GSK’s strategic targets
• Assist with the implementation of Company/Trustee decisions on pension investment strategy and risk management, including reviewing legal documentation and supporting the transition of assets between different fund managers/asset classes
• Develop and support Company objectives and negotiations on pension plan funding
• Identify areas of pension investment and risk management for further research/analysis and help to develop tractable solutions
• Play an integral role in one-off projects, including large and complex transactions and sophisticated approaches to pension investment and liability risk management, including derivative strategies
• Prepare and present high quality papers and strategic reporting to GSK’s senior management and investment committees
• Partner closely with GSK staff in different areas of the business, such as Accounting, Tax and Benefits
• Review data, analysis and advice provided by external parties to GSK
• Maintain legal documentation with external parties, including fee negotiation and agreeing fund manager objectives, guidelines and restrictions (with legal/investment advice)
• Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and develop, apply and maintain internal controls and risk management processes and documentation
• Review and monitor the performance and fees charged by investment fund managers
• Monitor capital market and regulatory developments and their potential impact on the pension schemes
• Maintain governance documents (e.g. investment policies, business plan) and ensure timely and robust decision making processes are in place
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV to tell us more about you and why you’re the perfect person for the role.
Please ensure you apply before COB Friday 9th March 2018 to ensure you’re in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
• If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• University graduate with relevant work experience in investment or pensions
• Financial or pensions related qualification (e.g. Actuarial, CFA)
• Computer skills to include MS Word and Excel
• Excellent numeracy, strong attention to detail and an ability to analyse and dissect complex financial data
• Interest in legal documentation management and fee negotiation
• Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate complicated issues effectively
• Confident at liaising with, approaching and presenting to senior stakeholders
• Adaptable and comfortable with inherent uncertainty and ambiguity in certain decision making processes
• Able to develop suitable and proportionate solutions to fit scenarios where an existing approach does not exist
• Results focussed, consistently delivering high quality work and meeting deadlines
• Proactive and positive approach, able to work well on large transactions and under pressure
• Strong time management and project management experience, including effective delegation to junior staff
• Collaborative approach and able to forge strong relationships with other teams and external contacts to build trust
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.