By taking on the role of Actuary you’ll play a vital part in our vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. We need everyone to step up to their full potential at this exciting time for our business. So if you’re inspired by the opportunity, and if you have the necessary qualities, then we urge you to apply.
By remaining absolutely focused on our customers’ world we can help them make sense of the complexity they face and together achieve the best outcomes for them.
We have an excellent opportunity for a qualified actuary to join the With-Profits Support team within Finance Services, Actuarial Business Support. The role is based in Craigforth.
This role offers the opportunity to become involved in a variety of interesting and challenging tasks, allowing you to develop a strong understanding of our with-profits funds and products. Learn about the management of PruFund, including the setting of expected growth rates and unit pricing. You can be influential in helping us ensure fair outcomes for our customers through the setting of bonus rates, surrender value calculation bases, the monitoring of claim payout levels and the production of key management information. Get closer to the forefront of the business by supporting product and fund development initiatives, and learn about our legacy business by supporting regulatory-led projects.
In this role you will have the opportunity to create new and better ways of working, from improving our bonus setting and monitoring models, throughout our various processes, documentation and controls. You will work within a friendly, keen and supportive team, and regularly interact with other teams throughout Finance and the rest of the business, including Risk, Wealth Solutions, M&G, and PPMG. You will also have the opportunity to supervise and develop others, and develop your written communication skills by contributing to the drafting of reports for a variety of management forums, Boards and Committees.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on something different, widen your business and professional skills, and further develop your technical and product knowledge.
The following experience and abilities will be key to success in this role:
- desire and ability to build expert understanding of purpose, workings, and theory of processes,
- identifying and driving opportunities to improve process efficiencies, controls, and audit trails
- strong organisational skills and ability to motivate self and others to progress multiple work items concurrently, delivering high quality and timely solutions and controls
- strong attention to detail and written communication skills
- taking complex and ambiguous problems and quickly generating practical solutions, communicating with and managing expectations of stakeholders
- building strong relationships both in and outside the team, enhancing the reputation of the team and Finance
- knowledge of with-profits products and funds beneficial
- working in a team, providing support and developing others.
It’s a great time to be taking on a new role at Prudential. With our #behaviours we’re creating a place to work that’s alive with opportunity, with added pace and a great team spirit. It’s also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that’s totally focused on customers.
As a Prudential employee you’ll continue to get all the support you’d expect, including full training and professional development. You’ll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you’ll be part of an organisation that’s leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.