Pricing Actuary - Commercial Lines preferred
Are you a qualified Actuary looking for a new and exciting challenge?
A new interesting opportunity has become available with a fantastic Lloyd's insurer due to growth within the company, they are looking for a qualified Actuary with a least 5 years experience, ideally in property or casualty that has strong programming knowledge!
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Intellectually curious and results-oriented with a strong sense of responsibility
- Actuarial credentials (*IA, *CAS) or equivalent insurance-industry technical experience
- Exceptional skill in at least one quantitative software package (R, SAS, Python, etc.)
- Hands-on experience working with insurance datasets and with GLMs
- Experience with advanced techniques (beyond GLMs) is a plus, but not required
- Commercial lines experience is a plus, but not required
- Five years of property/casualty experience preferred
- Quickly establish familiarity with unfamiliar lines of business, raters, data, and workflow
- Extract, clean, and conduct descriptive analysis on large-scale internal and external datasets
- Work with the team to build pricing models at a level appropriate to business needs and data availability – from simple market-driven pricing to complex and multi-layered GLMs or GAMs
- Communicate insights from quantitative analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, why not apply?